In order to make the speakers bureau training more accessible to people, we are trying something a little different with this training. The first night of training on June 1 will be held in our Augusta office. We will also allow people to attend by video. There are two requirements for accessing our training this way:
- You must have a webcam
- You must have computer audio (speakers) and microphone OR a phone for dial-in conference line access.
The second 4 hour training is sharing and practicing your stories. This requires all participants to be physically present to share their story for practice and feedback. The webcam/webinar is not an option for this training. We have a choice of two location options to attend the second-day training for story sharing and feedback.
After you submit your registration for Day One, your confirmation page will have links to select your registration choice for Day Two.
Travel stipend available upon request
About the NAMI Maine Speakers' Bureau
Our lived experience – our stories - is where the power and impact lies to change lives, create system change and help eliminate the stigma surrounding mental illness and suicide. Through the NAMI Maine Speakers Bureau, the sharing of our personal stories helps:
· Increase understanding and awareness of risk factors and warning signs for mental illness and suicide
· Educate the public about mental health, mental illness and recovery
· Provide insight to suicide and suicide loss
· Create system change by sharing lived experiences of what helps, what works and what doesn’t
We are a team of survivors of suicide loss, attempt survivors, individuals living with a mental illness and those family members and friends who care about them.