The Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper training is the foundation of the Maine Suicide Prevention Program (MSPP) and is a pre-requisite to the MSPP Training of Trainers course. It provides a deep overview of suicide in Maine and the US, and teaches basic intervention skills and resources for to link some with the help indicated.
This is a full-day training and will be tailored for use in a primary care setting.
This training will:
· Provide the fundamentals of suicide prevention
Underscore the rationale for suicide prevention in healthcare settings
· Provide up-to-date information about suicide
· Teach basic suicide intervention skills
· Increase personal confidence and ability to effectively respond to suicidal behavior
· Identify helpful resources
Who Should Attend?
· Primary care practice staff members including:
Behavioral Health staff
Others with an interest in suicide prevention
The training is provided at NO cost however, lunch is on your own. A one hour break will be allowed for lunch.