The Gatekeeper training is the foundation of the Maine Suicide Prevention Program (MSPP) and is a pre-requisite to the MSPP school-based curriculum training and the Training of Trainers. It provides a deep overview of suicide in Maine and the US, and teaches basic intervention and resources for response.
This is a full-day training for adults in school and community settings.
This training will:
· Provide the fundamentals of suicide prevention
· Provide up-to-date information about suicide
· Teach basic suicide intervention skills
· Increase personal confidence and ability to effectively respond to suicidal behavior
· Identify helpful resources
There is NO COST for this training session. Lunch will NOT be provided however there will be a one hour break for lunch on your own. Training space provided courtesy of the Opportunity Alliance.
Parking: Parking is available in front and back lots adjacent to the building.
Directions to Timber Room: The Timber Room is located on the 2nd floor to the left at the top of the stairs, last door on the right.