The 504 and IEP process can be confusing for parents/guardians, especially if it is a new experience. At NAMI Maine, we believe it is important that you know your rights and the rights of your child, as well as what your options are. If your family is in need of an advocate, please consult the list below for the agency that best suits your needs:
- Kids Legal Aid
- Portland and Bangor
- Murray, Plumb & Murray
- Portland and practicing statewide
- Richard O’Meara, Esq.
- Sara Hellstedt, Esq.
- Stacey Neumann, Esq.
- Joan Kelly, Educational Advocate
- Midcoast Advocacy
- Buckley Hugo, Educational Advocate
- Casco Bay Advocacy
- Kathy Ostergaard, Educational Advocate
- Deb Davis Advocacy
- Deb Davis, Educational Advocate
- Gibbons Stevens Law Office
- Mary Gibbons Stevens, Esq.
- Clifford & Clifford
- James Clifford, Esq.
If you are unable to access any of these resources, please contact Sophie Gabrion at (207) 622-5767 ext 2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org and NAMI Maine will offer appropriate assistance and advocacy on an as needed basis.
Check out this awesome resource from ADDitude Magazine on navigating the IEP/504 System!