The fundamentals of caring for you, your family and your child.
NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and primary caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
What You Should Expect
- Meets for six sessions, 2.5 hours each, free of cost.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and interactive exercises
Fall classes are being scheduled for Guilford and Bangor. Check back and click on the link below to see the fall/winter schedule, or call Christine at 1-800-464-5767, ext. 2305 for more information. A course is being planned for Rumford in the spring.
Click here to register for upcoming courses
Interested in becoming a NAMI Basics Teacher? Next training in October 2016.
Questions? Contact NAMI Maine's Peer & Family Programs