Since 1984, NAMI Maine has been offering support groups throughout the state.
- Free, confidential opportunities for people to find support and information.
- Safe places to share stories about struggles and successes with mental illness or co-occurring substance use.
- Offer the chance to learn from people experiencing similar issues and learn new skills to approach daily challenges.
- Visit the Support Group Frequently Asked Questions page to learn more.
Find Support Groups:
Types of Support Groups:
- Connection Recovery Support Groups
For individuals living with mental health challenges and co-occurring substance use
- Friends & Family Support Groups
For friends and family members supporting individuals living with mental health challenges
For individuals living with mental health challenges and those supporting individuals with mental health challenges
For veterans living with and those supporting veterans living with mental health challenges
For individuals seeking a support group with non-denominational, spiritual component
- COMING SOON - Youth & Young Adult Combined Support Groups
For individuals aged 16-25 living with mental illness and those supporting individuals with mental illness. Contact a staff member to learn more and get involved!
Interested in Facilitating a Support Group?
- NAMI Maine is always seeking support group facilitators in every part of Maine!
- All support groups are facilitated by trained volunteers who have lived experience.
- Click here to find out more about becoming a facilitator, organizing a new support group in your area and completing the 2-day training.
Connect with a staff member in the Peer & Family Education Program
Back to top