|Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training|
The Gatekeeper training is the foundation of the Maine Suicide Prevention Program (MSPP) and is a pre-requisite to the MSPP school-based curriculum training and the Training of Trainers. It provides a deep overview of suicide in Maine and the US, and teaches basic intervention and resources for response.
This is a full-day training for adults in school and community settings. It meets the criteria for a Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper training for school staff.
This training will:
· Provide the fundamentals of suicide prevention
· Provide up-to-date information about suicide
· Teach basic suicide intervention skills
· Increase personal confidence and ability to effectively respond to suicidal behavior
· Identify helpful resources
Who Should Attend?
· School staff
· Community members
· Health services agency professionals
· Law enforcement professionals
· Primary care practice staff members