Learn more about NAMI Maine's regional affiliates:
What are NAMI Maine Affiliates?
- They are affiliated organizations throughout the state who work to improve access to needed services, reduce stigma, and speak out about issues of importance to people with mental illness and their families.
- All affiliates sponsor support groups and many also sponsor trainings and provide other outreach services.
- They are comprised of many volunteers that embrace the NAMI mission. They possess the organizational capacity and structure to implement activities in their community.
- Affiliates and the grassroots volunteers who lead them are the heart of NAMI Maine. Our national and statewide mission would not be possible without them.
What are the goals of NAMI Maine Affiliates?
- To provide support groups and educational programs in order to encourage, support and empower people.
- To help advocate for access to services, treatment and support.
- To raise awareness and build a community of hope for all of those in need.
- To provide this support free of charge and confidentially.
- To make this support available to anyone affected by mental illness.
Questions? Contact us today!